Thursday, March 4, 2010

Idaho

Thursday, March 4th 4:05 PM, Coeur d'Alene Idaho.

This week Gretchen and I got work off and are visiting her Grandparents in Post Falls, Idaho, which is right between Coeur d'Alene, Idaho and Spokane, Washington. It's really nice here. Back in Portland I live in the city, and drive through downtown to go to work, and hit rush hour a lot. Being out here makes me want to escape, spend time away by myself, and not live in the city anymore.

The thing is, I am not sure that is such a good idea. A part of me wants to a own a plot of land near a city but not too close. Hide away from people all the time. Enjoy relaxing in the wilderness. Call friends once in awhile when I need them. But I don't think those are necessarily healthy feelings. Sure, they are not totally bad desires. But I think most people (me included) are better of involved in community, being helped by others and helping others... I am not sure that I like this idea, but I guess I think it's right...

going to start blogging again





No comments: